Wednesday, July 6, 2011

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY


We had such a GREAT fourth of July (even though I was still recovering from jet lag..pictures from France to come shortly!) We started the morning off at a neighborhood pancake breakfast, then walked to a parade near our house, then barbecued at our friends house, then ended the day at my sisters house for dinner and fireworks (which unfortunately I don't have pictures from.) So glad and blessed to be living in a free country!!!!














Okay aren't you in LOVE with Ella's red boots..they had white stars on the front!!!



Owen was actually in the parade. It was cute. He was waving to everyone.



Isn't this just so creative??



Tallie and Ella giving some loves!



One of my favorite floats!





Waiting for some candy to be thrown. Ella got pretty quick at grabbing it.





I was lucky enough to have my niece Baylee here from San Diego.






Celebrating with the Taggarts is always a blast.





At the end of the parade there was a little carnival with lots of goodies. YUM!



Have you seen these GINORMOUS marsh mellows???



Oh yeah Smores heaven!



These girls get along so well!





Marsh mellows + bare feet = messy!



Ella wanted Katie to hold it for her the whole time. I was smart and took off all her clothes before she started eating it!













Our fourth of July tradition has been heading to the mountains for some tin foil dinners and smores but with the weather this year we asked the Taggarts if they would let us use there fire pit and luckily they said yes!

4 comments:

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Cute pic's Les! Now I just need to get you the ones of your family from my camera! And that picture of me eating the smore - oh my snaggletooth, I totally gotta get that thing fixed! ;) That seriously was a super fun 4th - glad we could hang with you guys!

Jamie said...

Nothing like being with great friends. Love the pictures! Love your shirt and your right Ella boots are too die for cute. Happy Birthday in about a week! Love ya!

Nicole said...

It makes me just ache to hang out with you guys! We probably won't be coming up for the 24th after all...but we'll plan another trip for sure.

Courtney is SO jealous that Owen was in the parade! He looks so confident on his bike! 2 wheels and only 1 hand! Awesome!

Kristin said...

Looks like such a fun and wonderful time!! I can't believe how big Owen looks! Seriously... time is going by way to fast!! Miss your cute family!!