Tuesday, July 19, 2011

FRANCE

WARNING: LOTS OF PICTURES IN THIS POST


We had the opportunity to go to the south of France in June with my two sisters and their husbands. It was so nice to spend some time with them...we have never all been on vacation together and it was great!




This is the island of Porquerolles. We rented mountain bikes and biked the entire island. This is one of the cliffs we came to.


AHHHH how I miss the pastries. Ate one almost every day!



This is the view of the ocean from our villa we were staying in.






This is one of the beaches on the island we biked around.










This is another beach we made it to on the island. Isn't it great.







This is in Italy. St Remos to be exact. I absolutely loved all the streets. Although this particular town was a bit dirty.












On the way home from Italy we stopped in Monaco. WOW the money that is there. Very expensive cars line the streets!! And yes, this is how most of my pictures with Blake turn out!



In Italy we HAD to have pizza. This is the pizzeria we stopped at and we loved our server.



I absolutely love this picture because it shows Blake's REAL smile!




This is the oven in which they cooked the pizzas!





Can't see this in America.








This picture was taken in St. Tropez. We had a great dinner there.


This is the entrance to our villa and exactly what I pictured France to be.




We had a boules court at our villa and we all played some games. It was girls against boys and the boys won. We are a competitive bunch of girls and we were not happy about it.


A serious game going on.



Rolling out the court before playing.




This is was at the bottom of our villa. You had to walk down some stairs and then there was some rocks you could jump off and go swimming or you could walk over to an actual sand beach.



This was in Nice the first day we arrived.












This was Nice as well.

7 comments:

Phillips Family said...

Adam says he LOVED Nice. He was a blue there and served there almost 6 months. He is now crying in the corner because he is so jealous you were able to go back to France. Next time take us!!

Kristin said...

wow! what beautiful pictures! it looks like you guys had such a wonderful time! I love Italy!! Let's plan the next girls trip there!! ;)

Lissa said...

Even though I already drooled over these at your house...I had to carefully inspect every picture again and again while drooling!!!!

What a fun memory for you guys. I love it.

Marci said...

Oh my gosh, I'm so excited for you... and jealous. I'm calling you for tips when I finally get to go..when I'm 80!

Leah said...

Do you know how bad Geoff and I want to go back. SOOOOO bad. I despise you.

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Love the pictures Les! So happy you guys had such an amazing time!

The Boston Family said...

Every photo looks like a postcard. looks wonderful