Tuesday, October 5, 2010

WHEN MOM IS GONE

I went out for a few hours and I told Blake that I left the paint stuff out so he could paint with them if he wanted. This is what I came home to. Please note the previous post where we painted "neatly'! Owen said to me, "I painted Ella's hair!" They also "skated" on the floor!
Blake took these pictures and I'm grateful he did.









Another funny thing that happened was Owen was sent home with his bunny in a plastic bag and a note attached and this is what it said:

Dear Mrs. Walker,

Owen's bunny went swimming in the toilet today. Owen was quite upset but we explained that he can be washed-good as new.


Sincerely,
Mrs. Tammy
Mrs. Julie

Those poor teachers fishing that bunny out of the toliet (which probably had Owen's pee in it). I had a little talk with Owen on the way home and we discussed the possibility of leaving bunny home next time!

8 comments:

Jamie said...

I love that he still loves that bunny! And those painting pictures!! Love the comparsion between painting with mom and then with dad. Made me laugh right out loud!

Kinsey Pistorius said...

oh my gosh - that's hysterical. I am hoping Blake was the one to give them both a great big bath too!!!

Sharon said...

OMG!!! I love it! Can't you wait until Tessa is old enough to join in the fun! I love reading your post they are great. Leave it up to dads to ruin all the laid down rules. Next time they paint with you it won't be as fun!!!! We need to hang out. So bug your sister!!!

Brittany said...

Oh my goodness- that is hilarious! Did the paint come out ok? How long will he hold on to that bunny?

Phillips Family said...

Wow!!! Extremely impressed with your cool calm demeanor. Really makes us look forward to having our kids get older. Very funny!!

Kristin said...

Those are the best pictures! I am glad that Blake took them as well! Hilarious! And I love that note from the teacher!!

*Leslie* said...

That is so funny, poor bunny! I can't believe the painting mess - hope you don't have to help clean that!

Mom of three ♥ said...

That is totally something that would happen if my hubby was left home with the kids and painting! Glad the bunny didn't get flushed down the toilet!