Monday, May 11, 2009

MOTHERS DAY











I took a moment yesterday to just reflect. I am now blessed to have two children. It seems like I am always in a hurry...if any of you know country music my life reminds me of that song that goes "I rush and rush until life's no fun"! But yesterday as I was nursing Ella I looked down at her chubby hands, her perfect ears, her bright blue eyes, her fair skin..and I couldn't help but tear up. I am always saying I can't wait until she gets a bit older..but at that moment I just prayed that she would stop growing. I wanted to be able to hold her forever. Motherhood is definitely not the easiest job but it is the BEST job I have ever had. And yeah I lose my patience and yeah my house isn't always clean..but my children know I love them..I'm sure of THAT! All you mothers out there who might be reading this I say HAPPY MOTHERS YEAR!! You deserve it!

7 comments:

Jamie said...

I know what you mean...just wait til they are almost done with kindergarten and going into first grade. I keep asking myself, when did Taylor get so big?? I'm glad to hear that you had a good day. Can't wait to see you guys tomorrow.

Trace said...

I love it. I need to take a step back and just enjoy my kids too. Cute pics.

kaTie said...

ahhh.. hold on... i need to grab a kleenex and wipe my eyes.

Happy Mother's Day to YOU!

Rachelle said...

Cute post! Sometimes we all need a reminder to just enjoy right NOW! You have such beautiful children.

Jamie said...

Hey! Thanks to you for driving all the way out here to see us. I miss you like crazy too!! Why don't we live closer?? We really should of planned that better. Love you.

Kim Goddard said...

such cute pictures! Happy Mother's YEAR to you too!

Amber Burt said...

I am glad you posted on mine, otherwise I wouldn't have found your blog. Cute family! I wish the time away with my kids sometimes too, and then other times I never want them to grow up. The eating poop and drinking pee is something I could do without! I guess it gives us something to laugh about later.